Tuesday, July 19, 2011

UBER ULTRA EMERGENCY! Black bear or rabid Raccoon?!?

I live in PA. My friend and I went "Coon Watching" We put egg yolk (raw) cheese curls and bread together and went outside, flinging the food for the coons. We heard crackling raccoon chirps and bark breaking noises. We went inside to get cat food eggs and peanut butter. Then, my friend said she heard a raccoon panting on our left near the woods. (My house is in the middle of the woods, literally.) Then I heard scratching, as if something was crawling out of a tree. After that noise, we heard more panting and crawling on the ground. We decided it was a rabid coon and we ran inside. I know black bears climb and pant, but this seemed kind of like a cub and perhaps a mom. What you guys/gals think? Raccoon or black bear?? Do you think it is safe to go outside?

No comments:

Post a Comment